Wednesday, September 10, 2008

#11.

I tell it how it is, then I tell it how it could be. 

I am exhausted
I'm taking on the task of 18 credits this semester. All 3 hour art studios.
On top of that, I might have an additional 2 more jobs on top of the current job I have now working at the Registrar's office. I know its going to be a work load but I'm actually looking forward to them. One is working as a graphic designer for my school's radio station, WHUS -- I sent in my portfolio the other day & the manager was impressed. He couldn't stop smiling. But unfortunately due to UCONN policy, I have to wait for about a week or two before he gives me an answer, which seemed like a "yes" to me. The other one is working as the production assistant for my school's TV station, UCTV. And no, I don't need three jobs for money -- although its gonna go to a great cause.. shopping -- BUT, the real reason I'm doing this is for experience. I have to apply for the communication design program in October, which only allows 13 students per semester & at this rate w. all this soon to have experience that I'll have under my belt -- I feel like my chances of getting in are better than most. :)

I said I'd make this post short especially since I'm in digital media -- which I have to say, I absolutely love this class. It's like an intro to Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop. Right now we're learning Illustrator, which I never knew how to use -- after the second day of class I was busting out logos right off this bad boy. Go figure, I'm actually learning something that I'll use in the future. I am so content w. the choice I made to become an art student. Plus, I'm still considering the LSATs, which one of my design professors did -- not only does he run his own design company, but he didn't have to pay any additional money to hire lawyers to do all the contracts & whatnot. Who said art & law can't be combined? Hmmph

Coming home this weekend to pick up my car -- finally & more of my photography/drawing supplies. Los & I decided to travel out the city & spend the weekend in Parsippany, NJ -- which is only like a 30 minute drive away from the city. Then its back to UCONN to finish the shit load of projects that I have to do -- which, I will post/upload for you guys to see as well. 

Maybe I'll write later, maybe I wont?
1:31PM

No comments: